The Ownt Gaming Community
Welcome to The Ownt Gaming Community,

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to viewing most discussions and other features of our website. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please join our community today!

If you already have a account with us, simply log in.

Sincerely,
The Ownt Gaming Community Administration Team

**Please note that you must post an application and be accepted before you can put on Ownt Tags**
Welcome to The Ownt Gaming Community,

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to viewing most discussions and other features of our website. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please join our community today!

If you already have a account with us, simply log in.

Sincerely,
The Ownt Gaming Community Administration Team

**Please note that you must post an application and be accepted before you can put on Ownt Tags**
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Ownt Gaming Community Forums!

HomeHomePageLatest imagesMemberlistRegisterLog in
Hello All!
The Forums have been archived
>>> Click Here <<<
To Read all about it

The Unincorporated Man

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
gu!tarfury
Private - 1.3
Private - 1.3
gu!tarfury

The Unincorporated Man Empty
PostSubject: The Unincorporated Man   The Unincorporated Man Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 6:40 pm

The Unincorporated Man by Dani Kollin & Eytan Kollin

Summary:

A brilliant industrialist named Justin Cord awakes from a 300-year
cryonic suspension into a world that has accepted an extreme form of
market capitalism. It's a world in which humans themselves have become
incorporated and most people no longer own a majority of themselves.
Justin Cord is now the last free man in the human race - owned by
no one and owning no one.

I really enjoyed this book, one of the best sci-fi books I've read in a long time. If you enjoy smart sci-fi, this is the book for you. The economics of this world that Justin Cord awakes in is fascinating to say the least. People start out with shares of themselves, sell shares to pay for college, houses, ect., then spend the rest of their lives trying to regain majority control over their lives. Justin does not like this, and evades all attempts for his incorporation.

http://www.theunincorporatedman.com/

The sequel, The Unincorporated War, was recently released, I have yet to pick up my copy but hope to soon.
Back to top Go down
Ripper
Private First Class - 1.3
Private First Class - 1.3

PostSubject: Re: The Unincorporated Man   The Unincorporated Man Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 11:35 pm

Woah. Didn't expect to find a book review section.

Except for the cryonic suspension part, is this really science fiction? Sounds a lot like reality to me. Given how the average household is in almost perpetual debt. Sure we don't sell shares of ourselves, but that's only a technical difference.
Back to top Go down
gu!tarfury
Private - 1.3
Private - 1.3
gu!tarfury

PostSubject: Re: The Unincorporated Man   The Unincorporated Man Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 12:46 am

LOL, I agree, it is still very sci-fi, in the world he wakes to life expectancy is almost immortal, some of the main characters are 200+ years old due to medical advances. There's a cool line after they thaw Justin where the guy says "Cancer huh? Can you believe that used to be fatal". lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Unincorporated Man   The Unincorporated Man Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Unincorporated Man
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Ownt Gaming Community :: Reviews ::    :: Books-
Jump to: